Is there anything as exhilarating as having a crush on someone or being in love?
Your stomach flutters when you think of them, and when they’re near, the flutters turn into swirls of excitement.
Of course, not all of us are brave enough to approach someone we like—we’re far too afraid we’ll turn into stumbling idiots.
To help you overcome your fear of walking right up to them and letting them know in a cute way that you like them, let’s first set a few ground rules.
Any cute things you plan on saying to your crush should be built on the following:
- Don’t lie.
- Be sweet.
- Don’t get cheesy.
- Be unique.
- Get creative.
Now that we got that out of the way, let’s look at some cute things to say to make your crush fall in love with you!
Don’t worry. If you’re already in love with your best friend, we’ll share some things to let them know you want to spend the rest of your life with them.
Table of Contents
What to Say to Your Crush?
Okay, you did it, you mustered up enough courage to approach someone you like, but what now?
Well, it’s always a good idea to be prepared. If you memorize some cute and sweet things to say, you will feel less nervous when you talk to your crush.
When you choose which lines you may say, select only the highest-quality openers. You’re looking for dynamite, not something that will fizzle out and leave them bored to tears.
This is your chance to get their attention—don’t waste it by reciting run-of-the-mill lines she’s probably heard in romantic movies.
Cute Things to Say
Here are some cute and sweet sayings that are also a little romantic to say to your crush to help you out.
- Magic doesn’t exist, but that’s okay because you do.
- I always get a stupid grin on my face when I think about you.
- Is there anything better than when your crush has a crush on you too?
- Hang on. I have to phone the cops. You stole my heart!
- I love how your eyes smile.
- I know we’re all special. But you’ve just raised the bar.
- Hamsters run on wheels, but I’ll run after you the whole day!
- I think you may be the peanut butter to my jelly.
- You are so beautiful. I forgot the pickup line I wanted to say to you.
- Are you a camera? You keep making me smile.
- You’re very good at making me like you.
- Is it obvious that I like you? I can make it more clear.
Turn Up the Romance
Let’s not forget your boyfriend or girlfriend. It doesn’t mean now that you’re in a relationship, they can’t still be your crush, right? Just switch things to the romantic side.
Here are some cute things to say to your girlfriend:
- You don’t have to remember me as long as you don’t forget me.
- Why are you so awesome?
- My heart stops every time you walk into a room.
- I never wanted to grow old, but then I met you.
- I am a better person since you walked into my life.
- Since I met you, I’ve been living the dream of my life.
- Don’t forget the cute things to say to your boyfriend:
- You stole my heart, and I never want to give it back.
- You are the best thing that has happened to me. No one can make me feel like you do.
- You brighten up my life.
- Do you think we ever think of each other at the same time?
- My love, I hope you’ll dream of me tonight.
The most important thing you have to do when talking to your crush is to strike the right balance.
You may feel like going in hot and heavy is the way to go, but usually kind and cute are the better choices.
You’ll be able to show her that you’re interested without coming across as either a pervert or an undying romantic professing your eternal love after meeting her only two seconds ago.
If you do prefer things to be on the flirty side, there are ways to do it without being creepy. Here are some sayings that will make girls blush and guys melt!
Things to Say to Make Her Blush
If you want to make a lasting impression, compliments are the way to go, but only if they’re genuine. You also have to change the way you flatter her based on how deep your relationship is.
If you meet a girl at the bar and you want to get to know her and spend time with her, then you can complement her with only your words.
But, if you’ve been in a relationship and you love her, you have to make her feel special in different ways.
Showing her that you appreciate her is one of the best ways to let her know every day that she’s important to you.
Let’s first help the single guys out before we get to the lucky ones who already got the girl.
So, you met a girl and you two enjoyed a drink. You did something right because she gave you her number.
Now it’s time to make your next move—over text. The thing that is great about sending a text is that you can pour your heart out. Cute things you’d like to say but feel too embarrassed to will be much easier to communicate via text.
It’s a smart move to text a girl you just met when she’s asleep. That way, when she wakes up, the first thing she’ll see is a cute message from you.
If she feels like you care about her enough to message her cute things in the middle of the night, it will surely make her blush.
Some text ideas to win her over:
- Open the window of your heart, and I let me fill it up with love.
- I felt an instant connection from the first moment our eye met. I haven’t been able to forget you for a single second. My heart longs for you every day.
- If I were to write a whole book about my feelings for you, there wouldn’t be enough paper.
- I am over here, but my mind is with you.
- For the last eight hours, I have missed you so much. When can I see you again?
- I can’t concentrate on anything other than your smile. When can I see it again?
- I lose sixty seconds of happiness every minute that you’re not with me.
If you have a girlfriend, here are some cute things to say. For your boyfriend, …you can use exactly the same words. The language of love is universal, as they say!
- Every time I hug you, my heart dances. You make me feel alive.
- You are magic. Every time I see you, I smile. It doesn’t matter if I’ve had a bad day.
- Even the saddest of times is wonderful when you are next to me.
- My life is beautiful because of you, my love.
- I am incomplete when you are not with me.
Of course, the best way to make a girl blush is by staring at her. Just be careful—we don’t want you to look like a creep. But when she’s talking to you, stare into her eyes. In no time, you’ll notice some extra color in her cheeks.
Keep your eyes expressive; you want her to feel that you’re genuinely listening to her.
By staring at her with such intent, she will realize that you want to get lost in her eyes, and nothing spells love like giving someone your full attention.
How to Make a Man Melt
For the girls, although good eye contact will leave a man feeling wanted, there are some cute things to say to your boyfriend to leave him blushing and melting into your arms all at once.
The reason why words sometimes work better than a look or a fleeting touch is that he will know he is on the right track to win and keep your love.
Words are powerful, and using the right ones is a great tool to acknowledge someone you love.
Here are some phrases to say to your boyfriend that will trigger strong feelings.
- You shouldn’t fall for me: You’ll be working some reverse psychology on him. He’ll end up doing exactly what you asked him not to; fall in love with you.
Men are hunters, and these words will trigger his instincts to get what he cannot have.
- I can’t think of life without you: The perfect way to let him know that you don’t want anyone else.
- I need you: Men also feel insecure at times. When you say this to your boyfriend, you’re giving him a confidence boost.
Not only will he know you love him, but it will also show him that you consider him an important person in your life.
- I am your queen: This is what you want to say to your boyfriend if he is the jealous type. It assures him that you’re his and his alone, and this will intensify his love for you.
Talking to the opposite sex is not always easy. Even when you’ve been in a relationship for years, you must still have a list somewhere of cute things to say to your girlfriend.
Don’t write it down! Instead, memorize some lines to use to keep the love alive. To the girls, cute things to say to your boyfriend will most likely come a little more effortlessly than for men.
Women are more romantic and more emotional, and this gives you the upper hand when it comes to cute things to say!
To the singles out there, you’ve got this! The only thing you have to do is build enough courage to strike up a conversation with someone who has caught your eye.
And girls, it’s the 21st century, so there’s nothing wrong if you approach a guy you fancy.
Just go prepared. We think if you remember some of the sayings in this blog, you’ll be one step closer to meeting the love of your life.
Go on, go chat with that cutie you see looking at you.